Thursday, August 11, 2011

Deep Cleaning Your Brushes! (:

Alright, so you know how everyone's always hyping about one certain way to wash your makeup tools and brushes well there's not!
When buying brushes you might think "OH! I need brush cleaner too!" Nope... I would recommend buying a spot cleaner for your brushes but you don't need a cleanser for deep cleanings... 

Here's What You Need :

Cheap Shampoo
A Large Cup
Water
A Place to dry your brushes
&
DIRTY BRUSHES! Duh lol
Now they way of deep cleaning your brushes you're about to see may scare you, but this is how the department store counters do it.. Do they really use the deep cleaning brush cleanser? NO! Below is exactly how they wash their brushes at the end of the shift, trust me I've seen them do it up close (: 

 1. Cheap Shampoo, I chose this one because i love the smell of it and it is only 1.32 at my local drug store (:

 2. A Large Cup, this is just one I happen to keep in my bathroom for whatever really lol

 3. DIRTY BRUSHES! haha I have a lot from my kit that needed to be washed!

 First add some shampoo to the cup not too much though!

 Then take a few brushes at a time and dip them into the soap.

 Add some water, do not be afraid to get the ferrule's (metal part) wet. 
If it is a good brush it should not come apart on you! (:

 Swish them around a little to get the water soapy.

Then rotate them and scrub them in your palm and rinse (:
Just set them up to dry like I've done with my face brushes (below) and you're finished!


Allow your brushes to sit and dry for a while. I say flip them over every thirty minutes or so.

Want to get my favorite blending brush? click the link(:

http://www.sigmabeauty.com/product_p/e25.htm&Click=96118


Keep In Touch Beauties! <3 Kendall

3 comments:

  1. agree, allowing the brushes to sit and dry for a while! i do it overnight hihihi thanks for the follow! i followed back deary! hope we can exchange thoughts and keep in touch!
    nice to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to do it over night for my face brushes! (: just to make sure their all dry lol. Of course we can exchange thoughts! I'd love that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it!
    you tube- kimbyluvspups
    twitter-kimbyluvspups
    FB_kimberly Anderson Barrera

    ReplyDelete